Not remembering app defaults

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I saw a thread similar to this a while back. I'm not finding it now and I don't think it ever got answered, but I'm having issues with some apps not remembering their settings. It's almost like the app has been reset.

The one with the problem most often is the stock camera app. When I go into it, it asks me repeatedly if I want to turn on geo tagging and whatever else it pops up even though I select to not ask again. The other day, Play did about the same thing. I had auto updates and update notifications turned off, and it randomly popped up that I had apps needing approval to update. I checked the settings and it reactivated the options to auto update (risking blowing out my data cap since I'm not always on Wi-Fi) and notifications.

Anyone else having similar issues or seen any possible solutions? I'm on Verizon 13b.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't know about the camera but something similar happened to my wife with the Play Store. It was right after the latest update to the 6.0.5 version. The auto update options changed and the "only when charging" is missing. I thought that could be the reason to change the settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer