any news about Marshmallow for Verizon G4?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
That's odd. Why would they do that?

Have no idea... didn't have time to ask the manager because she was out to lunch. She's the only one I know personally at the store.... My guess is that the G4 is being semi-retired due to lack of customer interest. :(

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Have no idea... didn't have time to ask the manager because she was out to lunch. She's the only one I know personally at the store.... My guess is that the G4 is being semi-retired due to lack of customer interest. :(

That's absurd. Consumer Reports just reviewed 40 cellphones and ranked the G4 number 2. I can't imagine the G4 being retired any time soon, at least not until the G5 comes out. Perhaps, they don't have any to sell, given the recent rave review. [The only phone they ranked higher was the Galaxy S5 (not the S6 because it didn't have a replaceable battery or SD slot). Furthermore, the S5, being a much older model, is less likely to get Marshmallow than the G4, which IMO would give the G4 the advantage.] BTW, I am looking forward to the MM upgrade. It made an amazing improvement in the battery life of my Nexus 7, especially with the Doze feature working during down times.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You're forgetting two things. 1) The G4 isn't a Samsung or Apple device, so it'll never be one of the popular phones. 2) You're trying to apply logic and reason to a situation where there isn't any. See point 1. Lol

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Oh. That's better than it not being sold for issues. I love this phone. I don't want MM on it.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I had a S5, the G4 is hands-down a better phone. That S5 camera sucked

couldn't agree with you more... the S5 camera was only good for sunny outdoor shots.

I now use both the LG G4(good camera) and Galaxy Note 5(excellent camera). :) For selfies, I tend to pull out my G4. For night shots, I like the Note 5.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
still in stock online at verizon wireless and still in stock at my local vzw corporate store.

MM will come when it comes. IMHO, I'd rather see it later than sooner and be sure that I will still have a working phone without any issues. Let sprint tmo and at&t be the beta testers. Lolipop is working fine right now.

Disclaimer: I am a tech junkie and always want the latest and greatest and am always happy to see new updates. That said, I love getting android upgrades, but my G4 is my work phone and I need it to function perfectly.... lives depend on it. :)

David

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
still in stock online at verizon wireless and still in stock at my local vzw corporate store.

MM will come when it comes. IMHO, I'd rather see it later than sooner and be sure that I will still have a working phone without any issues. Let sprint tmo and at&t be the beta testers. Lolipop is working fine right now.

Disclaimer: I am a tech junkie and always want the latest and greatest and am always happy to see new updates. That said, I love getting android upgrades, but my G4 is my work phone and I need it to function perfectly.... lives depend on it. :)

David

I would rather see it sooner... that will give all of you guys extra time to test it out and report problems. then I'll install the updated version that comes out. :D :D

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

David

Lives don't depend on mine, but my business and my customers properties do. I too am more than happy to let other carriers be the beta test for this roll-out. Mine's humming along nicely and I have no desire to have that change.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Lives don't depend on mine, but my business and my customers properties do. I too am more than happy to let other carriers be the beta test for this roll-out. Mine's humming along nicely and I have no desire to have that change.

a lot of businesses and govt agencies are still running WindowsXP for the same reason. :)

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Verizon will probably update sometime after AT&T; I would not even look for it until March. For everyone who would like a quick update, remember Verizon's 12B Update last November, which was so bad they quickly pulled it & released 13b in Dec. Personally I will delay until I read a lot of positive posts on various forums

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The 5-6 upgrade will most likely go a lot smoother than the jump from 4.4. Marshmallow started life as version 5.2, and it didn't come with a soup to nuts overhaul of Android like 5.0 did.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2