It's really nice to have a removable battery :-)

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
The family and I took a 24 hour train trip to Glenwood Springs over New Years. The only outlet in our "room" was 5' off the ground, and dangling the phone by the charging cable in the train was not an ideal way to recharge. But since I brought my spare battery and charger along, it was easy to swap out a dead battery and charge it in the room next to us while I continued using the phone. Thank you LG for keeping a removable battery :)!

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely, I don't use mine all the time but when I do it's important. I don't buy into all the baloney spewed forth by manufacturers about benefits of the sealed back, it's actually quite silly. Same with SD cards IMO, they're just enabling pay for storage cloud services. I hope LG doesn't change these features.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
The beauty of having a phone with a swappable battery. I usually get a full days use out of the battery in mine but keep my spare handy just in case. Much more convenient than having to plug in and wait.

David

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Removable battery plus camera are the reasons I purchased the G4 over other new phones available at the time. If it lasts, will be the last phone I buy.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I should buy a spare.

I have 3 lol. 1 that came with the phone, obviously, 1 that I received with the promo, 1 I received with a refurbished phone after I broke the screen on my first G4. Wanna buy one. Hahaha just kidding, I'll keep them all

jon4400

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
With what do you guys charge your spare battery while using your phone on the original one?

Posted via the Android Central App

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
With what do you guys charge your spare battery while using your phone on the original one?

Posted via the Android Central App
When I got my LG G4 from Sprint, they included both the spare battery, and the charger. I'm able to use my Quick Charge to charge it up. Also picked this up to help keep it fresh while on the road:
Aukey 15000mAh Portable External Battery Power Bank Fast Charger with Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 for Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge and more - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013ANE2I...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4933608

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
The beauty of having a phone with a swappable battery. I usually get a full days use out of the battery in mine but keep my spare handy just in case. Much more convenient than having to plug in and wait.

David

Plugging it in and waiting was definitely not an option on this trip, and popping in a fresh battery takes under 30 seconds, even with my case skin. If I had a sealed phone, I would have been without my phone (and camera) for too much of our train ride.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci