G4 overheating

Jammy Titan8663

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
It's anyone else having problems with heat? My phone screen and back was over 150 degrees. Using standard charger that came with the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

AlexApger

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Mine has never got that bad like holy cow. Is this with heavy usage and night brightness while charging? How fast does this charge? From what I have read this is a Snapdragon problem... But mine has never been that bad and I have had the phone since around launch.

Posted from my LG G4

DCTF

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
No, but I never leave the phone charging beyond the 100% point - there was some kind of warning about harming the battery through overlong charging. Is yours heating up even during normal sub-100% charging?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The only time I've got that hot was when running as a dash cam (using GPS, looping video recording, plus charging). That's probably the most demanding use of a phone, but even then I only got that hot once. With gaming, it hovers around 110°F.

I have seen batteries that short internally get that high too, but that would have other symptoms to go with it. Namely a sudden loss of all power as if it drained to zero.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
My phone got HOT for the first time last night on my commute home from work. What I had done was ERASE some folders in my Internal storage that looked like they didn't belong there. Out of 32gigs, I have 6 gigs left in my internal and I'm not a heavy users. I guess apps are getting bigger in size because I don't have many or I have a rogue app creating fugazi files, lol. Well anyway, I did a soft reset and everything seems to be back to normal. Anyone know if its normal for folders to be left behind in your int. storage when you uninstall apps?? I saw some folders of uninstalled apps that were still in my int. storage. Aren't they suppose to be deleted when you uninstall the app?!?!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^ Do you Force Stop, Clear Cache and Clear Data before hitting Uninstall? Someone on the forums recommends that....pardon me if that member is you.

Jammy Titan8663

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Just watching a video and it got hot again. This time using a digital infrared thermometer it read 135 degrees. Last night just charging (using factory charger and cable that came with it) it was hotter than tonight. Couldn't hold it in my hand it was so hot. Wanting to upgrade to the v10 but if this is any indication i think I'll go back to Samsung or htc. Never had a heat problem like this.

Posted via the Android Central App

AlexApger

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Well it's a forum everyone here is going to have problems. Most LG phones dont do this... It just seems like that bc your on a forum. Mine gets hot but every phone does with use. Yours is extremetho

Posted from my LG G4

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I noticed my G4 get hot when the WiFi is very busy like backing up a huge video to google photos. Last night I took a 30+ minutes 1080p video and put the G4 in my pockets. It was fine all the way home.. but after I got home (when WiFi is connected and video is being uploaded) the phone started to heat up (can feel it burning in my jeans pocket)... I stopped the upload and it cools back down really quick.

nickdaman

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine heats up while browsing on the phone and using the wifi hot spot but other than that I haven't had this problem. I talked to t-mobile and they sent me a replacement battery and I haven't seen it since. So with it being charged I would say replace the battery and see if the problem continues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12