Battery life issues

Lockish

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I just got my new g4 this weekend and so far I am loving it. However, the battery life seems to be pretty weak. Yesterday I got about 3 hours of SOT and that took me below 9%. I've attached some screenshots from today's usage. The screen seems to be eating A LOT of battery. Is this normal behavior?

Fyi: I've installed Greenify and gsam battery monitoruploadfromtaptalk1454326342069.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454326349737.jpg

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I just got my new g4 this weekend and so far I am loving it. However, the battery life seems to be pretty weak. Yesterday I got about 3 hours of SOT and that took me below 9%. I've attached some screenshots from today's usage. The screen seems to be eating A LOT of battery. Is this normal behavior?

Fyi: I've installed Greenify and gsam battery monitorView attachment 215213View attachment 215214

My battery life is similar to the life you're getting. Signal strength looks good so it's likely not caused by drain via poor signal. Your screen looks like the biggest offender. Put the screen brightness setting to automatic. Or, manually dim the screen a little bit. Otherwise, 11% drain in 3 hours isn't bad.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Give it a few days. It's normal for the screen to consume the most power (and that's as a percentage of total battery used, not total capacity). The system also takes some time to fully work itself in on new devices. That usually takes a week or less. New batteries also need several cycles on them to break in as well. I'm sure you're also simply using it a lot more than what will become your normal pattern because you're exploring the phone, changing settings, installing all your apps, etc.

For a brand new device, I wouldn't worry about it. It doesn't hurt to monitor it to see if it improves, but I suspect it will.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Where do you have your screen brightness set? If you have it above 75%, 3 hours seems about right. If you can put it at 40% or less, you'll see your SOT improve dramatically.

Lockish

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
I use Lux and set it to auto. The brightness adjusts itself during the day. But I will try setting it to manual and see if it helps

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
My G4 gets incredible battery life. Yesterday, I plugged in with 30% remaining and was projecting to almost 7 hours SOT over about 12 total hours. I'd probably get about 5+ hours SOT over a full 17 hour day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow