OTA update issues

Tetrisdroid1

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello all, hoping someome can help.
I have an update ready, but I seem to be unable to download it via mobile data.

I have a 4G plan, unlimited with no fair usage cap. (lucky I know, I'm on an old style plan that was implemented before carriers introduced tethering and data limits).

I do not own a pc. I have no home wifi network. I use my phone's unlimited data as a hotspot for everything.

The update is V20d-JAN-15-2016 (932.50 MB).
I'm in the UK, on the Three network.

If I click "install now" I get a message saying; "this is over 20mb, connect to a wifi network to download".

I can't seem to find a way to disable this. Surely, there must be a way to allow my phone to download ota updates via my data plan?

caffeinated pants

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
During OTA updates, I usually see two options just above the install button: Wifi or mobile data (except 2G) and Wifi only. I assume you have them as well (and your data plan isn't 2G)?

rasmith1959

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello all, hoping someome can help.
I have an update ready, but I seem to be unable to download it via mobile data.

I have a 4G plan, unlimited with no fair usage cap. (lucky I know, I'm on an old style plan that was implemented before carriers introduced tethering and data limits).

I do not own a pc. I have no home wifi network. I use my phone's unlimited data as a hotspot for everything.

The update is V20d-JAN-15-2016 (932.50 MB).
I'm in the UK, on the Three network.

If I click "install now" I get a message saying; "this is over 20mb, connect to a wifi network to download".

I can't seem to find a way to disable this. Surely, there must be a way to allow my phone to download ota updates via my data plan?
In this case your best bet is to go somewhere that has a free WiFi hotspot, like your local library, Starbucks, or McDonald's for example.

Hindude

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Go to WiFi in settings then check the 'switch to mobile data' which allows data up/download when WiFi is not available.
Good for those with all-you-can-eat plans.

Posted via the Android Central App