LG G4 AT&T Marshmallow update

dump71

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: LG G4 AT&T Marshmallow update

I couldn't find doze settings, just "ignore optimizations" under settings/apps/configure apps.

onebeanshy

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
That's why I thought we'd have the new emoticons. I don't even want to think about how long it will take to get 6.01 if we just now got 6.0.

That's what I was hoping for, too. I got an email from Swiftkey and hoped the software update just left off the 1 on my phone, lol. Ah well.

CallMeEric

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if this is an LG G4 problem, an ATT problem or Android problem but here goes..

I got the notification for the update earlier today. Just got home and started the download. It told me I didn't have enough space and to restart my phone. Which I don't get because I have about 16 GB free.

So I restarted my phone anyways and then went to settings to the update center to start my update. It said there is no update available. Wtf? Now I can't recheck for another 24hrs.

How ridiculous is that??

Posted via the Android Central App

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I will do this update tonight and see what happens. I have been finding my battery life degrading gradually, which I guess happens with all phones... what I wish for my next phone is a slightly stronger antenna! because using it inside my office really burns battery as it struggles for a good connection.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
@Lisandro you're welcome. You should be getting it either way. You can try Bridge if you want it now or wait for the OTA which will roll out from oldest to newest serial numbers.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
How's battery life for those who have gotten the update?

It's too early to tell. Android OS updates tend to throw battery meters off for a few charge cycles. I don't expect much of an improvement though. Maybe a bit on idle with doze, but my G4 idled really well already.

azwip1

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Howdy... ok, so I allowed the update to occur on my LG G4... and now... I no longer have Text Reflow??? If thats the correct term... basically the autotext formatting feature when I am in the default browser and use the old Double Click for zoom and auto page fit... this no longer works now?

I have been through any and all settings I could find... no luck... anyone else have this problem?

DatManWolf

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
So I did this update last night. Open my phone this morning and have a message saying "Google Play services must be updated in order to continue using it" (something to that effect). So i click the notification and it takes me to the google play store and to the google play services. The only option is to deactivate. So I click it. and it says "This app is a device administrator and must be deactivated before uninstalling" with ok as an option. Click OK and nothing happens. But this warning continues to pop up.

Anyone else having this issue?

njr104

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I had the same behavior, but when I updated another app that came up, It first updated Play Services and then the app and so far all is good.

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
So I did this update last night. Open my phone this morning and have a message saying "Google Play services must be updated in order to continue using it" (something to that effect). So i click the notification and it takes me to the google play store and to the google play services. The only option is to deactivate. So I click it. and it says "This app is a device administrator and must be deactivated before uninstalling" with ok as an option. Click OK and nothing happens. But this warning continues to pop up.

Yup! It's frustrating. Gave up trying to fix it last night.

I've tried clearing the cache, and removing the Google account with no luck. Next will be the factory reset tonight.

MobileNick

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
So I did this update last night. Open my phone this morning and have a message saying "Google Play services must be updated in order to continue using it" (something to that effect). So i click the notification and it takes me to the google play store and to the google play services. The only option is to deactivate. So I click it. and it says "This app is a device administrator and must be deactivated before uninstalling" with ok as an option. Click OK and nothing happens. But this warning continues to pop up

Same thing happened to me. Not sure how I got rid of it but it did go away eventually and I was able to update (no factory reset yet). I think I did force close Play Store and then tried again - maybe that will help.

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
The play services thing popped up for me too. I kept pressing stuff and it went away eventually. I just love these updates. Never sure if I should blame Google or AT&T. I'm guessing AT&T.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87