Will my unlocked AT&T LG G4 update to Marshmallow being outside of United States?

Lisandro Reynoso

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
I got an AT&T unlocked LG G4. I'm not using an AT&T sim card (I'm out of the united states) -_-. Can I get the update via LG Bridge? Will my phone get the notification from AT&T anyway? Or must I wait for an OTA capture zip or something like that and install it manually?

I search everywhere and I don't find an "official" or complete answer.

Currently, I'm not getting my update either way. LG bridge just keep saying "Your phone is up to date". I'm not sure if I must put a AT&T sim card or what.

In fact, I lack an update, that of october. My phone has never gotten any update. Never. And I know there was one by the time I already owned the phone.

What to do? Please help T.T

Last edited:

Lisandro Reynoso

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Re: Will my unlocked AT&T LG G4 update to Marshmallow?

Well I got the answer myself: YES I WAS ABLE TO UPDATE MY G4 to Marshmallow, just following this method:

1- If you don't have the last AT&T Update (10o) you will need to flash it using the TOT method shared by this XDA Developer (it will wipe all your data, so back up everything):

AT&T H810 Back to Stock Guide (TOT Metho… | AT&T LG G4

2- Then, just follow this guide to FOTA Update your G4 to Marshmallow (the guide has a little error, it says to put the 20n.up file into the external storage but it must be into the internal, just create a folder named "Software Update" and paste the file there):

LG G4 H810 Upgrade to Android 6.0 without ac… | AT&T LG G4

Hope it helps everyone with the same problem of not having an AT&T Sim Card to update :)

Last edited:

wjones1514

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out how to update my LG H815 unlocked. I've tried LG Bridge with no success. I will look into your flashing method. Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

yan1982

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
Hello, i have the same problem like you with my LG G4 from verizon

I have a friend who brought me a LG G4 VS986LD (verizon) from the united states. The problem is that it still runs under android 5.01 and I'd like to upgrade it to android 6.0. When I use the application LG G4 VS986 SOFTWARE UPDATE informs me that an update is available. Is there a risk that by making this update the phone no longer recognizes the mobile networks in Cameroon where I live. Knowing that this phone is initially reserved for the US market.

Thank you

Lisandro Reynoso

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Well, mine was made for the US market as well. The bands are not affected when updated with this method, so if it did already worked well, it will continue to do so.

bagus marthin

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
Re: Will my unlocked AT&T LG G4 update to Marshmallow?

IF i update my LG G4 AT&T unlock... After Update SIM card still Work without AT&T card.. Or unlocking again..

*Sorry Bad Eng.. 😀👌

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34