Preventing music app from starting?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I paired my G4 to a vehicle stereo via Bluetooth for the first time to stream some podcasts. When I got out at one stop with my phone on me, I got out of range of the stereo. When I got back in range, the stock music app started itself out of the blue and began playing the first track in my library by alphabetical order. I hadn't been listening to the app before hand, and was using a podcasting app. So there's something in the phone triggering the music app to start when connected to Bluetooth audio. Any idea how to prevent this? The music settings menu looks laughable at best with no real settings in there.

Normally I use an AUX cable, but was in a newer work truck that had a Bluetooth enabled radio. When using the AUX cable, the music app doesn't auto start. I also noticed if my podcast starts up when reconnected, the music app doesn't start. It's only when there's no audio meant to be broadcast (like from the podcast app) that the music app wants to be possessed.

icstars989

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problems with it, I use Phonograph but on Bluetooth and even wired headphones I'll pause and walk away, come back and the stock app opens on play. I just disable the stock player in applications manager. It's worked so far.

ShaneRay

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Did you double check "Smart Settings"? There's an option there to configure an app to launch when a Bluetooth connection is made.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Did you double check "Smart Settings"? There's an option there to configure an app to launch when a Bluetooth connection is made.

I'm not finding a Smart Settings option anywhere. Then again, it's a Verizon version, and they like to disable features.

absolut20

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I've had the exact same problem. Haven't found a solution yet. Only happens when I was using a podcast application. I don't really want to disable the music app as I do use it sometimes.

Posted via the Android Central App