Battery drain while in Airplane mode since Marshmallow

mistertee123

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I have a strange problem that surfaced after the Marshmallow update. I normally switch my phone into Airplane mode overnight so that I'm not disturbed. Prior to the update the battery would have drained 2-3% by morning, whereas now it drains 30-35% overnight. I have installed GSam and from the screenshot you can see that in the 7h 12mins since the phone was unplugged the battery has drained by 34%, and for 4 of those hours the phone was in Doze (accounting for about 15% of the 34% drain).

How can my battery drain by 15% while in Doze and in Airplane mode? There doesn't seem to be any rogue app in the list, and the phone has only been kept awake 2m 34secs out of the 7 hours. Any help gratefully received.

Regards,

Screenshot_2016-02-18-06-20-07.jpgScreenshot_2016-02-18-06-05-29.jpg
Screenshot_2016-02-18-06-06-13.jpgScreenshot_2016-02-18-06-05-53.jpg

mistertee123

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm starting to think that a factory reset is the only option left. It's a real pain in the backside to have to reinstall at set everything up again though, I'd like to avoid it if i can.

mistertee123

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
If it's an Android OS issue then am I right in thinking a factory reset won't help?

One thing I've noticed from the stats (bottom left) is that the screen has been on for 36 seconds yet is responsible for 45% of the battery drain. This doesn't match at all with the chart which shows a steady discharge over 7 hours. If that 45% was correct I'd expect to see a massive step in the chart where the screen on time is.

Could my battery be knackered?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
If it's an Android OS issue then am I right in thinking a factory reset won't help?

One thing I've noticed from the stats (bottom left) is that the screen has been on for 36 seconds yet is responsible for 45% of the battery drain. This doesn't match at all with the chart which shows a steady discharge over 7 hours. If that 45% was correct I'd expect to see a massive step in the chart where the screen on time is.

Could my battery be knackered?

FDR could help or it might not. FDR is a last resort for me. I haven't used it in several years on any of my phones (except when I sell the phone or trade it in of course).

If I'm encountering an issue, I troubleshoot and usually find the issue pretty quick.

My GF's G4 started having battery issues after the T-Mobile MM upgrade. I had her use it the entire day so I could see the battery stats then when she got home I was able to narrow down the culprit to WiFi calling being turned back on after the update. We don't use WiFi calling so I had it off before. The battery drain stopped and I haven't heard anymore complaints. Took me about 10 minutes to diagnose but the battery stats were certainly needed to narrow it down.

TohR

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
FDR could help or it might not. FDR is a last resort for me. I haven't used it in several years on any of my phones (except when I sell the phone or trade it in of course).

If I'm encountering an issue, I troubleshoot and usually find the issue pretty quick.

My GF's G4 started having battery issues after the T-Mobile MM upgrade. I had her use it the entire day so I could see the battery stats then when she got home I was able to narrow down the culprit to WiFi calling being turned back on after the update. We don't use WiFi calling so I had it off before. The battery drain stopped and I haven't heard anymore complaints. Took me about 10 minutes to diagnose but the battery stats were certainly needed to narrow it down.

How do you disable Wifi Calling again? Tnx

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol