Google Play Store app can't download anything?

A

AC Question

Google Play Store app can't download anything

I have an LG G4 model VS986 Android version 6.0. I've had this phone since November. My Google Play Store version is 6.0.5, which I feel might not be the most current, but it claims there are no updates for it.

I haven't used the store in about two months, but just last week I tried to download an app and encountered this problem:

Whenever I hit "Install" for an app, the store appears to freeze. It doesn't crash, but I can't touch anything or scroll. I know that it isn't actually frozen because I can hit the back arrow and then I'm able to use the app again. So it's like it opens a popup when I try to install something that doesn't ever load and just remains invisible. I've tried letting it sit, thinking that it might be downloading anyway even if I couldn't see it, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I've tried clearing the cache and data, removing my account and reconnecting to it, and reverting to the factory version (which is why I think it's an old version of the store now), but nothing's helped. I do have everything to facilitate downloads enabled, and have tried all the "fix-all" solutions I could find online.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt