Please help. Screen on time is seriously draining my phone battery. Screenshots included

jarrett178

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
My screen brightness is at 10% for God's sake. I'm only getting six to eight hours of battery life from 100%. I bought it on ebay and the phone was in perfect condition. I've tried doing factory resets and everything. When I charge my phone using the OEM charger that came with the phone I get messages that my phone would charge faster if I use an official charger. Ugh It's taking like four hours just to charge the battery. I'm using Android 6.0 Marshmallow. I'm with Verizon if it matters

Screenshot 1.png

Screenshot 2.png

Screenshot 3.png

Screenshot 4.png

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Please help. Screen on time is seriously draining my phone battery. Screensho...

Could you post stats after the battery has discharged more, say to 30% charge remaining after normal use of the phone?

Also, when using mobile data, is your signal better than that indicated on the screenshots?

The message may indicate a faulty charger or USB lead, or a damaged or dirty USB port connector, among other possibilities.

jarrett178

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Please help. Screen on time is seriously draining my phone battery. Screensho...

Could you post stats after the battery has discharged more, say to 30% charge remaining after normal use of the phone?

Also, when using mobile data, is your signal better than that indicated on the screenshots?

The message may indicate a faulty charger or USB lead, or a damaged or dirty USB port connector, among other possibilities.

I really don't have poor data problems. I live in a rural area so I get about 3 signal bars on average. My mobile data goes between 4G LTE and Verizon 3G. I'm Prepaid Verizon. I'm not having problems with that. My previous phone was a Prepaid 4G LTE LG Transpyre. I didn't have any battery problems with it. I think I've used like 300 MB this month. I'm around Wi-Fi most of the time so I only really use mobile data when I'm not around Wi-Fi

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
The screen is burning all of our batteries. That % doesn't jump out at me as being outrageous.

The Facebook app is terrible. Yes, it will make a difference. No, it doesn't show in only the FB app's stat the resources it uses. It's been shown time and again, over many generations of that app, that it is routinely among the biggest resources hogs. Use FB via the mobile web browser and you'll enjoy much better results, without sacrificing much in terms of functionality.

The Opera Mini beta line looks high to me, but...

As someone suggested, this is too short a time period to make any significant observations about this particular case.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm at 91% and barely used this phone this morning...something's burning my battery. I hate to think of what's going to happen when I'm working in the field tomorrow actually using it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21