My G4 is back!!!

starbuck88

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Hey All,

As some of you may have seen, I've been having a bit of a nightmare getting my 505 serial number G4 repaired in the UK. It went off at the start of January, came back a month later and hadn't been repaired. Was told by LG this was a mistake by SBE, a third party repairer they send phones to when LG themselves are backlogged and busy.

So I sent it off again and LG assured me they'd do it themselves, it took another month but......

Well! Woooohoooooo.

Got it back and it's brilliant. It's still my phone but it has now had a new mainboard put in it.

It's got a 602 serial number now and a new imei number.

Do you think this should now last as long as a mobile phone should? Does anybody know the warranty on it now? do I get a new 12 months for the mainboard only and the rest of the phone runs until the 12 months from originally purchased?

P.S fell in love with the phone like it was brand new all over again, the camera is epic.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
If it were me I'd have moved on from this horrible customer service and purchased another manufacturers phone, nothing like getting screwed over by a manufacturer. I've heard enough stories about this experience that my next phone won't be an LG.

Glad you're happy though

RandyOhio

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Mine was a 505 sent to LG for repairs here in the US. Mine wasn't repaired either. The paperwork that came back with the phone said 90 days OR what was left of your original warranty. Congratulations to you that they actually sprung for the parts to fix the mess that they caused.

Posted via Android Central App

starbuck88

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
lolol JayWill, Indeed it did!

I'm just hoping it lasts now. I had a Galaxy S2 before that lasted 4 years before I moved onto the G4 in October 2015, if I get half the longevity as I did out the S2 I'll be happy.

RandyOhio

May 3, 2015
Visit site
No the original warranty was one year. After the repair it's the original date, OR, 90 days, whichever is longer.

Posted via Android Central App

RandyOhio

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Received my refurb phone from Tmobile today. They sent me a 505 phone back. Lucky me. It seems to work on, but now I'll continue to worry. My phone doesn't match my purchase paperwork, so LG won't get involved going forward.

Posted via the Android Central App

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Received my refurb phone from Tmobile today. They sent me a 505 phone back. Lucky me. It seems to work on, but now I'll continue to worry. My phone doesn't match my purchase paperwork, so LG won't get involved going forward.

Im expecting a refurb G4 from Tmobile... am I pretty much guaranteed to get a 505? Sucks because mine is a 509 😢

RandyOhio

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I think you will get whatever they have. My guess is that they are overwhelmed by returns and they are churning and burning. I sent in a 505 and received back a 505. It honestly looked like a brand new phone. It seems to run cooler than the old one did from day one. I got my MM update the next morning. Hard to do that in the middle of restoring everything. Thank God for pictures and music being on the card. Good luck on what you get back! Let us know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21