SD card Format and mount

Thomure77

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
No mount or format as card option on phone since update. I'm using the LG ls991 with a 64 g Scan disk ultra plus with 1 and 10 read and write speeds.

Posted via the Android Central App

SIOP

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If the card was in when you did the upgrade it probably got formatted to adoptable storage automatically. Pull the card and format it externally and you should get a choice when you reinsert it into the phone. Looks like once it's been formatted as adoptable storage the phone won't let you reformat it.

TheChosenDoge

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
If the card was in when you did the upgrade it probably got formatted to adoptable storage automatically. Pull the card and format it externally and you should get a choice when you reinsert it into the phone. Looks like once it's been formatted as adoptable storage the phone won't let you reformat it.

Did the update a few weeks ago with no problems and my SD card was unaffected and not turned to Adoptable storage automatically even though it was in at the time of update

SIOP

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Did the update a few weeks ago with no problems and my SD card was unaffected and not turned to Adoptable storage automatically even though it was in at the time of update

Mine was automatically formatted as adoptable. I had no choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech