LG G4 issues with battery, app crashing, and radio interference. What do I do?

A

AC Question

LG G4 issues with battery, app crashing, and radio interference

Hey there!
So I recently traded in my old run-down HTC One M8 for an LG G4. I love the feel of it, but it seems like a very problematic phone, which sucks because I want to enjoy it, but the /terrible/ battery life makes it difficult, especially when almost every app crashes if I do more than the simplest task on it.
First it was just Instagram that had the problem. It would close and say, "Instagram has stopped," if i was sending pictures or switching between chats or deleting a message I didn't mean to send.
Then other apps started doing this as well, but it's strange because most of them don't say, "xxx has stopped," they usually just close as if i hit the home button, and I hadn't. Usually when this kind of thing happens, it's because the app needs an update, but all of the affected apps are up-to-date.
Another issue is battery life, which, even with battery saver turned on, wifi and mobile data and sync and location turned off, and all apps closed via CoolerMaster AND the built in app called Usage Manager, the battery drains what I consider ridiculously fast. The battery life estimate on Usage Manager gives me an estimate pretty consistently around 2% battery lost per minute. And that's on <35% screen brightness.
It also charges very, v e r y slowly but I think that might be an issue with the connection my adapter has.

Now the last issue I have a question about is probably the least likely to have an answer.
I just got this car, which doesn't have an auxiliary input, but it does have a cassette player, so I purchased one of those cassette aux adapters, and it seems to work perfectly. The problem, however, is that while plugged into my phone, it sporadically (and obnoxiously) makes that click-beep-buzzing feedback/interference sound that happens sometimes when you get your phone too close to speakers.
I thought maybe turning my phone's airplane mode on would fix the problem, but the thing is that I don't want to be unable to receive calls.
I also had a theory that if I turned off my 4g and wifi connectivity, this might eliminate the problem as well, but I haven't tested this, and the issue with turning off 4g is kind of the same as putting it in airplane mode, but if that's what would fix it i'd be willing to do so.
The buzzing/whatever you want to call it sound isn't too annoying or noticeable if I have the music turned loud enough but it would be nice not to /have/ to turn it loud in order to not have that noise.
I haven't done very much experimenting with this yet, but I thought I'd ask/check around on the internet first since it seemed like a problem that would be common enough to have a clear answer.
No such luck yet.
Thanks, all. Sorry if this was super duper way too long. >.<"

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: LG G4 issues with battery, app crashing, and radio interference

First and foremost, it sounds like you need a fresh start. I'd suggest backing up only the most important info and flashing the stock firmware to the device.
LG Flash Tool Guide

This will help with overall performance from running apps properly and extending battery life. Make sure you do not use third party battery/ram management apps, they do more harm then good!

As far as your audio problem, that lies in the adapter itself, not your phone.

themoonthemirror

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

hey thanks so much!!

(this is op btw, idk if you can tell since it made me make an account to reply haha)

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Is your phone plugged into a charger when playing through your car stereo? It's common to get electrical noise to feed back when doing that. The only options are either to unplug the charger when listening, or get a Bluetooth capable stereo to eliminate the wired connection. Some high quality radios also have noise filters that help combat this as well. Mine does, but it's also a decade old. I'm not sure what current models would have such a filter.

themoonthemirror

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

Is your phone plugged into a charger when playing through your car stereo? It's common to get electrical noise to feed back when doing that. The only options are either to unplug the charger when listening, or get a Bluetooth capable stereo to eliminate the wired connection. Some high quality radios also have noise filters that help combat this as well. Mine does, but it's also a decade old. I'm not sure what current models would have such a filter.

Yeah, my stereo is kind of old too, it's what I believe is stock for my 2006 honda. My phone wasn't charging, but I think it may have had Wifi or 4g capabilities turned on at the time which...MAY have had an effect?? It's strange because I seem to hear the feedback mostly only when I'm pressing on the brake or accelerating at a brisk pace. I guess maybe it's sort of engine interference with the cable...or... something? lol. It seems to quiet once i'm on a decent stretch where I don't have to mess with either of the pedals too much so I guess i'll just tolerate it for now.

themoonthemirror

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

First and foremost, it sounds like you need a fresh start. I'd suggest backing up only the most important info and flashing the stock firmware to the device.

Sooo, i went to that guide of yours and started trying to do the stuff but it seemed a little complicated, and I don't really want to risk messing anything up. So would a factory reset have similar results? I know how to do those aha ^^;

Carter Roeser

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
I have these exact same problems, horrible battery life, instagram crashing and interference.

In my case, the phone interferes with any nearby speaker when close enough.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae