Panorama shots?

sata

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I am wondering what to use for capturing panorama shots,
Should I use the default camera panorama mode, or a different app like google camera?

(For normal shots I use the default camera app)

I am wondering because if taking a panorama shot with the default camera panorama mode, the file size is bigger than If I take roughly the same panorama shot using the google camera. While the resolutions of both, however, is pretty similar.

Any thoughts?

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
not a problem using the default if you save to SD card. Tuscany pano with LG G4 all shot in auto mode tuscanyPANO.jpgpoggio.jpgpoggio2.jpg

Last edited:

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I have been taking sequences of shots in either portrait or landscape and let google photo app stitch them together. Seems to give very good results.

David

sata

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if its a bad thing or not, I was wondering if it matters...

I should take two similar shots with both apps and try to see if there is a quality difference...

And I save to Internal Storage, not to the SD card (I have enough space there), does it matter where I set it to be saved...?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
And I save to Internal Storage, not to the SD card (I have enough space there), does it matter where I set it to be saved...?

Saving it to internal memory may help you take photos faster due to less time to save each shot, but I find my Class 10 SD card to be sufficient in that regard too. I prefer storing to external cards just because it's easy to move things between devices. Sure, I could (and do) backup to the cloud, but I don't like the time it takes to re-download everything whenever I'm setting up a new device. Not to mention I've had issues with things not syncing/restoring right from cloud services.

Just personal preference more than anything for me.