Intermittent wifi on Verizon G4 MM

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I installed marshmallow, my Verizon G4 has spotty wifi connectivity. I just had an enterprise grade wifi system installed, and all the other devices in my home are running smoothly. Sometimes the connectivity is perfect, other times I'm told I have no internet connection. I've also experienced trying to load a web page, and it'll sit for 10 seconds, then bam, the page loads quickly. It comes and goes. I've tried factory resets, clearing cache in recovery mode, and resetting network connections. Anyone else noticing this? Anything suggestions? It's bugging me and I'm starting to get the wandering eye. Thanks

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
This is another failure of MM, wifi hanging up. I experience it all the time, along with the battery compromise and a host of other smaller issues. FAIL

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
As a rule, it takes about 10 seconds for me to open a web page, and that's with a strong wifi connection. I'm trying to see anything good with this update.

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I too have trouble loading pages unless I'm near the router. It'll show that I have 3 or 4 bars of wifi but it will take forever to load.

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
What exactly is the wifi issue?

I gave in and allowed the Verizon G4 to update to Marshmallow this morning. Have been playing with it all day and even from the farthest corner of my house, I don't have any wifi issues. (the weakest point is in my basement, where all my phones and laptop get just 1 bar on the wifi meter) I have this ancient 10+ years old Linksys WRT54G which is Wireless-G only. It's 9 walls and about 140 feet between the router and the basement. I still managed to get 9mbps down and 5mbps up in the basement.(appx the same speed asl my other smartphons and laptop and Macbook Air) Netflix and YouTube also streamed fine.

(the basement has zero Verizon cell signal, so I couldn't test that part)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay