Google Play install and update error! Please help!

atarinerd93

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I recently got my G4 from Verizon. I love my phone, and I recently updated it to the latest updates(marshmallow etc,.). I have a problem though, When I install certain applications I always get this error; "App I'm trying to install" cannot be installed. Try again. Error code "-505". Now, for some strange reason, 90% of the time its amazon apps. I cannot install the alexa app for example without getting that error. Same with updating, my amazon music app example(the app is built in). Anyone have any experience with this? I did a factory reset and wiped the system cache and its still giving me the error. Any ideas?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I recently got my G4 from Verizon. I love my phone, and I recently updated it to the latest updates(marshmallow etc,.). I have a problem though, When I install certain applications I always get this error; "App I'm trying to install" cannot be installed. Try again. Error code "-505".
Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that -505 install error is most likely due to problems with the APK. Often times the file version numbers and the like are not correctly marked/updated. When this is the case, the user cannot fix it; the developers need to fix it.

I have only had this happen once to me. I sent an email to the devs. While I did not get any response back, a few days later the app did download and install fine.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same problem - getting the 505 error. Enabled Audible (which I had disabled since I don't use it) updated it and then all of the apps magically installed that would not previously install. What is it about Audible that hooks into these other apps? Do I need to leave it enabled now?

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, I spoke too soon. All the Amazon apps did install after enabling Audible, but I am stll getting the 505 error on my banking app. I had previously spoken to their IT person and he had no answer. My wife's LG G4 has the bank app installed and working fine, so I don't understand why this one app won't install in my phone??

Zedd

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I got the 505 error trying to install the AMC Theaters app. I went thru the entire error report protocol from Google including a call back from Google.
The Google rep says this error could be due to app servers being down although she never did give me what exactly the 505 error means.
She ducked the question repeatedly, I don't think she knew, on the after call review I graded her in response to her being no help.
Now at least I'm seeing I'm not the only one getting this error yet so far only once since getting MM 6.0.
6.0 bricked my first G4 upon install so I reinstalled approx. 15 apps before getting the 505 error.

Posted via the Android Central App on my LGG4

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I got the 505 error trying to install the AMC Theaters app. I went thru the entire error report protocol from Google including a call back from Google.
The Google rep says this error could be due to app servers being down although she never did give me what exactly the 505 error means.
She ducked the question repeatedly, I don't think she knew, on the after call review I graded her in response to her being no help.
Now at least I'm seeing I'm not the only one getting this error yet so far only once since getting MM 6.0.
6.0 bricked my first G4 upon install so I reinstalled approx. 15 apps before getting the 505 error.

Posted via the Android Central App on my LGG4

I tried installing the AMC Theaters app on my Note 5 and got the same -505 error. Tried all kinds of trouble shooting to no avail. Frustrating really.

Renspud

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I had same problem but only with 5 amazon appso. Couldn't update them for the longest time. I installed audible app and magically the other apps installed. Very strange. If I was into conspiracies, I might think it is a ploy to get people to install audible