Phone froze and now stuck on LG logo screen, how can I get past this?

flotmangooner

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Phone froze and now stuck on LG logo screen

Hi
My phone was working perfectly well but suddenly froze and died on me. I have tried turning it on several times and each time it gets to the LG logo screen and does nothing else - sometimes it stays on the logo screen, other times it just dies and goes dead on me. Battery level was over 35% when it froze on me.

I have tried soft reset (nothing happens)
I have tried hard reset (i get to the reset screen, then phone freezes and dies on me in a few seconds)
i have tried leaving it on charge for 30 mins plus - nothing happens - not even the red charging light

Grateful for any suggestions please

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Phone froze and now stuck on LG logo screen

You've struck the now-infamous #BootloopGate issue that's affecting a lot of G4s, including my original unit.

It's a hardware issue. You can't fix it yourself. Take it back to the store where you got it from in order to get a replacement.

You can try putting it in the freezer for a while so that it powers on long enough to make a quick backup. Note that you'll need to keep it there.

flotmangooner

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

Hi
Thanks for the reply

That's a problem - i cannot remember where i bought it from and cannot find the receipt so i think i am pretty stuffed :(

I have emailed LG support but don't hold out much hope of a reply let alone any assistance.

Phone is over a year old so out of warranty :(

flotmangooner

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

You've struck the now-infamous #BootloopGate issue that's affecting a lot of G4s, including my original unit.

You can try putting it in the freezer for a while so that it powers on long enough to make a quick backup. Note that you'll need to keep it there.

Will putting it in the freezer allow me to get past the logo screen ?

flotmangooner

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

I have now tracked down where i bought it from . It was purchased on the 29th June 2015 so is still under warranty. I have emailed the retailer and LG so between them i hope to get it repaired without any cost to myself.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

I have now tracked down where i bought it from . It was purchased on the 29th June 2015 so is still under warranty. I have emailed the retailer and LG so between them i hope to get it repaired without any cost to myself.
Good luck! Hope everything works out to ya. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane