Installing a launcher

MisterMom

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Hello all, Android newbie here.
I want to try some different launchers but being new to Android have a few questions.
Can you have more than one launcher installed at the same time ? How to switch between them ?
How can I go back to stock launcher if I want to ?

Sorry if this has been asked before I could not find it.
Thanks in advance
Dan.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, you can have more than one launcher on a device. To change from one to another, you would reset the default setting for that.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
When you install a new launcher, it'll ask you which one you want to use whenever you press the home button as long as you don't set it as a default. This lets you easily explore but still have access to the stock launcher if needed until you decide which launcher to settle in to.

Most launchers have a fair bit of customization options, so you may want to play around with them for a bit before deciding if you like it or not.

shadavis08

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have 3 launchers Nova launcher, Action launcher, and ADW launcher. Nova is by far the best of the 3.i love the gestures features!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded a Windows-Phone-type launcher on my G3. I took a long time setting up the 'tiles' to my liking, then discovered that it bypassed the lock screen PIN, so it had to go. :(

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20