System (system/bin/logd) battery drain?

Michaelw81

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, this appears to be draining 70% of my battery, it's an absolute joke. The only fixes I've found, involve rooting my device, which I don't want to. Has anyone had this fault and managed to sort it?

Thanka

Posted via the Android Central App

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
According to this there's a way to disable the LOGD without root. I assume you did factory reset? I also assume you changed the GPS settings. From my experience apps not optimized for marshmallow are to blame. My battery performance is now pre-marshmallow performance. The system isn't granular enough to be of much help. Too much stuff in there you can't see unless the phone is rooted.

Michaelw81

May 27, 2015
Visit site
GPS settings, as in just turn off location? I'll have a look at that link thanks. I've not factory reset yet, as to be fair, I'm sick of doing it. Every couple of months another reason pops up, and I have to do one. I can't wait to get rid of this phone now. Great camera, but the battery issue just does my head in

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
GPS settings, as in just turn off location? I'll have a look at that link thanks. I've not factory reset yet, as to be fair, I'm sick of doing it. Every couple of months another reason pops up, and I have to do one. I can't wait to get rid of this phone now. Great camera, but the battery issue just does my head in

GPS - anything but High accuracy. That might be using too much battery. I have it set to "Battery Saving"
Settings->Location->Mode

Unfortunately factory reset makes a significant improvement. I used LG Backup & restore, didn't reinstall or rely just on Google restore.