Help me out here >>> Screen size

momo662

Banned
Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I've had this phone for 6 months now and I just realized whenever you do anything, except looking at pictures, the capacitive buttons pop up and the screen shrinks.

So.........is it really a 5.5" screen???

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So.........is it really a 5.5" screen???

Yes. The screen itself is 5.5 regardless if the buttons are there or not. Screen size isn't quoted on what is being displayed since screen sizes would then change all the time depending on what you're doing.

momo662

Banned
Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
OK I understand what you are saying as far as it is 5.5 - but like you said the screen changes depending on what you are doing.
And like I said the only way I see the entire scenn being used is during photo/video. So when you text, make a call, go online, go into settings, etc, etc, etc the screen is NOT full hence Not 5.5 correct???

Am I overthinking this/?? I ask this question because looking at some other phones the capacitive buttons are on the bottom and the screen is then, as you say, Not changing everytime you do something.

shadavis08

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
You can get rid of the screen buttons in any app you wish and have them pop up whenever you want to with an upward swipe. Go to settings / display / home touch button / hide home touch buttons / check mark all apps you want them hid in. Its better to not hide them in messaging type apps because the swipe up action triggers stuff. Good day!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Whether or not the capacitive buttons display is dependent on the app. More and more apps are now hiding them, but others don't utilize the function. I've noticed apps with browsing functions, especially web apps, keep the buttons (presumably because they are accessed more often. Games tend to hide the buttons.

momo662

Banned
Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
You can get rid of the screen buttons in any app you wish and have them pop up whenever you want to with an upward swipe. Go to settings / display / home touch button / hide home touch buttons / check mark all apps you want them hid in. Its better to not hide them in messaging type apps because the swipe up action triggers stuff. Good day!

Ah yes now I see - thanks for that. 👍

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay