Why does Bluetooth keep turning off?

Scott Berfield

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I have a T-Mobile LG G4 and since I switched to Marshmallow, Bluetooth turns itself off all the time. Bluetooth will be on for a while then I'll notice it is off again. It is incredibly frustrating since it keeps my smartwatch from being useful and confuses the heck out of my car. I am pretty sure Marshmallow has a randomizer built into the Bluetooth code :(

I have tried disabling every app I can think of that might be at fault and even did a full reset and restore from back up. Managed to get it to work again then it started up after only a few days.

Driving me crazy. I like everything else about this phone, but I NEVER had this issue with Windows or iOS phones. Anyone got ANY suggestions?

MelAZ

May 10, 2016
Visit site
I've been using Marshmallow for several months, and this just happened to me after updating a bunch of apps. You mentioned using a smartwatch, but didn't mention which one. I'm using a Pebble with Android Wear to reply to Hangouts notifications. Uninstalling Android Wear seems to resolve the Bluetooth disconnection problems for now, but I wonder if it actually has to do with the Pebble update...

Hindude

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I get the similar with WiFi. If I leave home away from our router then return, it doesn't auto connect once it drops out. Says no WiFi available due to poor signal even though I'm in the same room as the router. Have to force it to connect.
Doesn't happen all the time which is frustrating as I keep having to check connection.

Posted via the Android Central App

bluetoffee316

May 25, 2016
Visit site
I have had the the same problem since getting MM 6.0.
Happens during calls and music, it's a real annoyance.

Happens with both LG BT Headphones HBS900 and also a UE Boom.
It's definitely something between LG and MM 6.0 and it should have been fixed by now, this is a basic function of this phone.

I would go back to Lollipop if I knew how as it affects 90% of what I use the phone for (calls and music).

MelAZ

May 10, 2016
Visit site
My bluetooth finally stopped randomly turning off after I uninstalled a ton of apps. I uninstalled them a few at a time until the problem finally stayed away. The group of apps that I most recently uninstalled that seems to be associated with Bluetooth becoming stable again includes Team viewer, Cam scanner, and Jott. Makes no sense to me, and I still have more apps to reinstall, but at least Bluetooth is stable now. :) I hope this helps!

shadavis08

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had the the same problem since getting MM 6.0.
Happens during calls and music, it's a real annoyance.

Happens with both LG BT Headphones HBS900 and also a UE Boom.
It's definitely something between LG and MM 6.0 and it should have been fixed by now, this is a basic function of this phone.

I would go back to Lollipop if I knew how as it affects 90% of what I use the phone for (calls and music).
You can go back to lollipop here - - - - >

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3249803

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair