LG G4 manual refresh button for a cox email account is missing...help!

rayfornario

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a question. I bought my LG G4 last week. I love the phone! When we set it up in the store I was able to manually refresh m email when I clicked on the 3 dots on the right corner. It came with Lollipop originally set up Marshmallow on Friday after the phone downloaded by itself. I didn't like the nagging notification to install so I did. I noticed today that when I click on those same three dots, the option to manually refresh email is no longer there! I uninstalled and reinstalled account to no avail. I called T-Mobile customer support who was unable to assist me. I even did a factory reset but still no manual refresh button! I know I can auto synch it but liked the option to do it manually. I noticed it automatically downloaded an update to my email and I even uninstalled the update...still nothing.
Does anyone have a solution for me?

rayfornario

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
tried that, nothing. It only pulls down the usual menus you an access from any screen. The only thing in the three dot menu box is qslide,,sort by, settings. clicking on settings doesn't have the manual download either

rayfornario

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Try swiping down from the top

Posted via the Android Central App

I just understood what you meant....I just was pulling down from the very edge of the screen and that is why I was just getting the regular settings and q-slide. Now I can manually refresh it when I want...thanks!

rayfornario

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
What app are you using to sync your emails not what email service

I was using the app that came with the email setup. I used to find the manual refresh button when you pulled down the gear icon. They changed it for the LG4 with marshmallow. I found out you just pull down from the top to refresh it. You think someone at tech support from T-mobile would know this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome