Another rapidly draining G4 battery

initiateofgol

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm using an AT & T "refurbished" G4 sent to me as a warranty replacement for my 2 month old new G4. The battery drains in an absurdly brief amount of time (its at 53% now and plummeting after being at 100% 2 hours ago) without any major apps running. Brief Google maps use, no video watching, no emailing, no texting, no games. Its very frustrating as everyone here understands and any advice would be appreciated. I've thought to purchase a 2nd battery but if there's a problem with the phone itself that would only be a partial solution. Is G4 battery life that notoriously poor? Many thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, I find that the battery life of my International h815, unlocked, is excellent. Did your battery usage stats reveal any clues?

JGLdn

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm using an AT & T "refurbished" G4 sent to me as a warranty replacement for my 2 month old new G4. The battery drains in an absurdly brief amount of time (its at 53% now and plummeting after being at 100% 2 hours ago) without any major apps running. Brief Google maps use, no video watching, no emailing, no texting, no games. Its very frustrating as everyone here understands and any advice would be appreciated. I've thought to purchase a 2nd battery but if there's a problem with the phone itself that would only be a partial solution. Is G4 battery life that notoriously poor? Many thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App
Since the Marshmallow update, yes it really is that poor. From what you're saying I assume you are on Marshmallow. It will slightly improve with further use, but my advice is to remove any apps you hardly use, keep weather updates to a minimum and see how you go.

Personally I am waiting for Google to release a patch for this as it's a common problem since Marshmallow, which was made to improve battery performance. What a joke.

shadavis08

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I would check and see if your GPS is continuing to search for your phone. I think mine gets stuck sometimes and just kills the battery. And I'm on lollipop

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I was getting great battery life on Marshmallow. Then I had the bootloop issue, sent it off to LG who replaced the motherboard, and now battery is super weak in comparison. Basically from 5 hours SOT to 3 hours SOT.

JGLdn

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
I was getting great battery life on Marshmallow. Then I had the bootloop issue, sent it off to LG who replaced the motherboard, and now battery is super weak in comparison. Basically from 5 hours SOT to 3 hours SOT.
Are you sure they sent the same battery back? They may well have taken your better one, and given you a **** battery.

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, despite exact same app usage and same location of usage, my G4 battery has gone to **** since they replaced the motherboard. I'm tempted to try a FDR but at the same rate, it was FDR'ed before I got it back just a few weeks ago.

Here's some battery info screenshots after only using phone for maybe 15 minutes off full charge. It would barely drop a few percentage points before and I've never seen that one entry (second from top) prior to motherboard replacement.

131db5cede4d3be539e5b9ddec16aaae.jpg

b101104524af5380475f17c2e2f3bc30.jpg

eed20df3f10110e56f7cbac388171963.jpg