Lock Screen timeout now matches screen timeout

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Lock screen used to timeout after 10 seconds, now if I wake phone or unplug, the lock screen will stay lit for what my screen timeout is set for. I believe it is an app that is doing it because it is happening on my Galaxy Tablet as well. Having a hard time figuring out what app it is. Has anyone else run into this?

JGLdn

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Advice: if you want a secure Android handset, don't use third party lockscreens. There is not a secure one out there. Fact! I have tried them all and been able to bypass each and every one.

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
This is with the stock lock screen. Seems to be intermittent on the tablet, but always happens on the G4.

paddypods

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My S6 started doing this about a month ago. When I get a notification like a text or missed call, or when my phone charges to 100%, the lock screen stays on for the duration of my regular screen timeout unless I manually turn the screen off. The lock screen used to only stay on for a few seconds, regardless of the screen timeout setting. I haven't downloaded any new apps in a couple of months. I'm running 6.0.1. Any ideas on how to have the lock screen timeout in a few seconds again, without changing my regular screen timeout setting? Thanks!

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
"Kitco Gold live" was the app that was causing that for me. As soon as I deleted it the lock screen went back to normal.