How to use Windows 10 desktop PC (with headset) as a headset for the G4?

CharlesGoodwin

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
I have searched high and low for this with little success.

I have installed updated bluetooth drivers as recommended by a few links, so I have the very latest broadcom bluetooth drivers. However beyond file sharing and audio sharing (i.e. music), there doesn't seem to be any relevant options. The Windows 10 bluetooth screen is absolutely useless. Fortunately I know you can get at the old-style control panel and devices screen, and thus through to this screen for the G4:

2016-05-31 (3).png

I don't want to play stored audio. I want to make calls using my headset whilst I'm sat at my PC (so I don't have to keep taking my headset on/off when using the mobile).

I'm amazed this isn't a more requested feature (of Windows moreso than the phone, since it does support bluetooth headsets).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately that's a limitation of the phone... The BT profile it supports are what you see on the screen, nothing more. It doesn't support pairing your computer as a headset unless you pair the headset directly to your phone.

If your headset is BT-enabled, some might allow two devices to be paired at the same time, allowing you to keep the computer audio going and then pausing automatically to take a call if one comes in through the phone (you'd have to set up the computer as the primary device, phone as secondary...this varies by headset model).

Some manufacturers use a secondary software to act as a 'tunnel' for these actions (Samsung, for instance, routes audio through SideSync, allowing you to take calls with your computer, using whatever is connected to your desktop). Not sure if LG has a similar program you can install.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis