Camera Disappointment.

okayfriend 1

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
The LG G4 camera never impressed me. When I first got mine in June 2015, I was hearing all about how amazing the camera quality was, and when I tried it out at home I was extremely disappointed- just looked like any old crappy camera quality. I saw nothing special- my friend's iphone 4 camera was 10000x better. My LG G4 battery pooped out and wouldnt charge or start up so I sent it in to get a new replacement. Yes, the battery was better, but I guess they sent me one with a defective outer camera- it will not focus to save my life. I can take great selfies, yes, but the outer camera, when it DOES focus, its like any regular mediocre android camera- but now, with this lens that won't focus, I cant take ANY pictures without it looking like it has an ugly blurry oil painting filter. I called tech support and they told me to force stop the camera app and start it again. That worked for two days and the camera went to crap again. Someone help. I also tried to use the camera manually- nothing. I dont want to have to send it back to the company and be phoneless for another 5 days (they said it would be back in 3 days, but I guess things didnt go as planned). Its a great phone with its other features, but I feel like I've been lied to with the camera quality. If I do have to send it back AGAIN, I would really just like everything to be as quick and painless as possible. I dont have a lot of time or money.

Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 11.46.30 PM.png

example.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
The LG G4 camera never impressed me. When I first got mine in June 2015, I was hearing all about how amazing the camera quality was, and when I tried it out at home I was extremely disappointed- just looked like any old crappy camera quality. I saw nothing special- my friend's iphone 4 camera was 10000x better. My LG G4 battery pooped out and wouldnt charge or start up so I sent it in to get a new replacement. Yes, the battery was better, but I guess they sent me one with a defective outer camera- it will not focus to save my life. I can take great selfies, yes, but the outer camera, when it DOES focus, its like any regular mediocre android camera- but now, with this lens that won't focus, I cant take ANY pictures without it looking like it has an ugly blurry oil painting filter. I called tech support and they told me to force stop the camera app and start it again. That worked for two days and the camera went to crap again. Someone help. I also tried to use the camera manually- nothing. I dont want to have to send it back to the company and be phoneless for another 5 days (they said it would be back in 3 days, but I guess things didnt go as planned). Its a great phone with its other features, but I feel like I've been lied to with the camera quality. If I do have to send it back AGAIN, I would really just like everything to be as quick and painless as possible. I dont have a lot of time or money.

View attachment 229026

example.

I am not quite sure what you are looking for here. It sounds like it's been deemed an issue from support,
You just don't want to have to be without it for 5 days?
It's an issue, it's under warranty, send it off and get it fixed. The only other thing you could try before that is a factory reset
to make sure it's not being caused by some 3rd party crap you have installed.

JGLdn

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site

View attachment 229026

example.
The LG G4 camera is far superior to that of any iPhone. You will only see the true benefits of the camera when you use it in manual settings mode. I suggest you learn how to use the camera in manual mode.

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
yeah, the G4 camera is stellar ... did your remove the shipping plastic off the lens?

Last edited:

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I called tech support and they told me to force stop the camera app and start it again. That worked for two days and the camera went to crap again.

I guess I don't understand. You see crappy pics, you force stop the camera, you see great pics, then eventually it takes crappy pics again?

That does NOT sound like a hardware issue to me. Have you tried doing a factory data reset on the phone? If force stopping the camera makes it good again, there is something that is making it bad again.