Switched from Note5 to G4

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello. I currently own a Note5 so I'm wondering has anyone switched from the Note5 to the G4?

Posted via the Android Central App

JGLdn

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
No, but I do have a G4 and in my opinion you won't be disappointed with it. It's a good handset.

anon(871934)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I just did the opposite, switching from a G4 to a note 5 because I just couldn't stand the lag on the G4 anymore or the horrible experience with the G4 on Android auto.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've heard a ton of wonderful things about the G4. My suggestion to you is to research the phone: watch reviews and unboxings (Android Authority and Android Central do great unboxings and reviews) and also read customer reviews (just bear in mind that some people are more likely to post negative reviews about products - some people are quicker to post negative reviews and so that may skew the audience's perception of that product/institution). Also, go to your local carrier's store and try them out for yourself: see how they feel in your hand, see what they do up close and not just on YouTube. Good luck!!

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Gotcha. Thanks for the advice. I ended up ordering a LG G Stylo MetroPCS version and I will wait and see if LG will release a sequel to the LG V10 then go from there. I had my Note5 since late September and I really miss having a removable battery and a Micro SD slot.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually going the opposite route, albeit with a Note 7.

I'm just sick of worrying about the G4 bootlooping out of freakin' nowhere. I purchased mine back in June 2015. Loved it back then. It was fast, had expandable storage, a swappable battery and of course, that beast of a camera. Unfortunately, that didn't last long. It died in January 2016. After some flip-flops, decided to swap it out for a replacement G4. This one was a 512 (the original was a 505).

All seemed well at first, until it randomly overheated several times in my pocket, to the point where I had to take it out and switch it off just to get it to cool down. Then, it stopped taking a charge at random times and then the touchscreen got all wonky.

What started out as a love affair turned into a rather messy letdown. As such, I've stopped using the G4 as my daily, did a factory reset and I'm preparing to sell it to someone. In the meantime, I'm going back to my old HTC One M7 until the Note 7 arrives.

After seeing the build-quality issues with the LG G5, and the LG V10 beginning to get a rather similar bootloop issue, I'm just no-longer confident in the quality of LG's smartphones right now. I do adore their appliances, especially their OLED TVs, so I'm still wondering how they got their QC on their mobile devices so wrong...

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm actually going the opposite route, albeit with a Note 7.

I'm just sick of worrying about the G4 bootlooping out of freakin' nowhere. I purchased mine back in June 2015. Loved it back then. It was fast, had expandable storage, a swappable battery and of course, that beast of a camera. Unfortunately, that didn't last long. It died in January 2016. After some flip-flops, decided to swap it out for a replacement G4. This one was a 512 (the original was a 505).

All seemed well at first, until it randomly overheated several times in my pocket, to the point where I had to take it out and switch it off just to get it to cool down. Then, it stopped taking a charge at random times and then the touchscreen got all wonky.

What started out as a love affair turned into a rather messy letdown. As such, I've stopped using the G4 as my daily, did a factory reset and I'm preparing to sell it to someone. In the meantime, I'm going back to my old HTC One M7 until the Note 7 arrives.

After seeing the build-quality issues with the LG G5, and the LG V10 beginning to get a rather similar bootloop issue, I'm just no-longer confident in the quality of LG's smartphones right now. I do adore their appliances, especially their OLED TVs, so I'm still wondering how they got their QC on their mobile devices so wrong...
It's understandable. LG went the wrong direction with the G5 they went backwards with the design of the device. heard it's a common issue with the G4. The Note 7. Ill have to wait and see. I know for certain that they will include a Micro SD slot on it but as for the sealed battery Zerolemon may make a extended battery case for it. I ordered the LG G Stylo because of the price, stylus, micro SD card slot and removable battery due to being worried about my 32GB Note 5 running out of space so intend on saving up money to pay off the remainder balance on my Note5, sell it then wait for the next mainstream flagship to come out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34