Not Obvious Features?

Goodspike

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm fairly new the the G4 (about 2 months) and recently I discovered that while the screen is off if you run your finger up and down the display it will (sometimes) display the time and battery status in black and white at the top of the screen. I assume that's part of the double-tap to turn on functionality.

Are there other things the G4 (or LG) phones do that are not standard Android which are not obvious by looking at menus?

Scumperjumper

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
The finger thing works all the time lol. Slide you finger from the top to bottom and you will see a quick menu.

Posted via the Android Central App

ackmondual

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
At least with Tmobile...
-double tap the screen when it's off to turn it on (consider triple tapping for more ease)
-double tap on the lock screen to turn it off
-double tap on any empty spot on the home screen to turn it off

-*pressing volume up or down has shortcuts. one of them opens the camera and takes a shot
-when typing text, swiping left and right within the space bar moves the keyboard cursor forwards and backwards.
-There's a flashlight widget that comes within the Android tray (swipe down from top of screen)

* Settings related

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I wish mine did......I have the Verizon G4 running Marshmallow with Nova launcher. Not sure if Nova is a problem, but a few times this top to bottom swipe did activate the ambient like info...but it does not work much of the time now for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay