Why won't Google sync to my phone?

OscarThePiano

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I just got a refurbished LG G4 after my old one was sent back to Verizon due to speaker issues. The battery is the same, but the phone and all the hardware is new (refurbished new, but new to me). I noticed as I was setting up the phone that my calendar wasn't displaying any of my events, so I checked the sync settings. All I got after hours of trying was the same error message at the bottom of the screen: "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

I then downloaded the Google Calendar app to see if it affected it too, and sure enough, that wasn't syncing either. I then checked my Gmail, and I can't tell if it works or not. I'm receiving emails, but my information such as my profile picture won't show up on the menu screen and the sync settings say that Gmail won't sync.

I've cleared the cache and data from all of my apps, I've restarted the phone, I've removed my account from the phone and put it back on, and I have no idea what else to do, any ideas?

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue after receiving a refurbished V10. I used a Windows Phone as a backup while I was waiting for my replacement. I wonder if that has anything to do worth it? It only seems to have issues with Contacts, Calendar and Gmail, all of which were synced on the Windows Phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7