Deleted photos from gallery still on google photos

jen711

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
After that I lost all my photos in a micro sd crash, I set an auto backup to google.
But when I delete photos from the phone gallery, they still stay in google photos.
How do I make them update the deletion too?
Also, why can't I see my phone gallery albums in google photos?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi There,

The only way to 'sync' the deletion is to use the Google Photos app. If you delete the local file with the stock gallery app, Photos will not delete the online copy. Also, Google Photos does not 'pull' album information from your phone, only your stock gallery app does. The only thing Photos will 'see' are different folders, so unless you're saving albums in different folders, those will not appear as separate things in Google Photos. You can, however, still create Albums in Google Photos, but those, in turn, will not be 'visible' to the stock app, just the files.

Oh, and one more thing! Remember that Photos doesn't have full access to the SD card because of Android SD card permissions. So even if you delete a photo online form Photos, if the original file is on the SD card, it will not be able to automatically delete it; you'll have to use the stock gallery app or the stock file manager to do that.