Two questions (Temperature and Battery usage)

SailingLion

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
First question:

I've been reading alot about the G4 heating up, now it got really warm for me the first time I booted it, but it was downloading Android 6.0, updating or downloading a zillion apps, so I figure that's what caused it. It hasn't gotten THAT hot since then, but it does get rather warm when using a few apps at the same time. Now, how do I know if it's just "normal smartphone warmth" or however you want to call it, because my brother says his Samsung S7 gets warm too..or if it's getting too hot, like..above normal level..?

Second question

I've noticed that "Screen" has the highest battery use, around 40%, the thing is..the screen is hardly ever on, I haven't been on the phone alot, just to text a bit, but most of the time it's just in standby, so a Screen usage of around 40% seems a bit on the high side? Is this normal or?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
My own G4 will, like some other phones, get noticeably warm in the processor area when downloading a long queue of apps, but not what I would call hot....certainly nothing like enough to cause any concern. You just have to exercise judgment, though there are apps that will measure internal temperatures if you want.

Screen will nearly always show as the highest user of battery charge, unless you aren't using it, such as when the phone is sleeping overnight. In that case, Phone Idle might be the highest, but it won't take much use of the screen for that to overtake it. If you're concerned, post a screenshot of your battery usage stats. :)

Soreloser

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind that when it shows 40% that is thing that has used 40% of the portion of the battery that has been used, not 40% of the battey. So if you have used 50% of the battery, 40% of that 50% (or 20% overall) was from the screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12