LG G4 H818p (Marshmellow) - Possible to pick up incoming calls with a hardware key?

Roland Schweiger

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone, I have the dual SIM variant of the LG G4 called H818p and it runs with Marshmellow and the firmware version is called 20f-EUR-xx.
As I am visually impaired and touch screen reaction is not always good under difficult circumstances, I am looking for a way to PICK UP incoming calls with one of the hardware keys. So far no luck what so ever.
In some forums they give the information that the G4 has a hardware-key-control mode (in case e.g. the digitizer is broken) and one could enable it by pressing all 3 keys for more than 6 seconds, or by pressing power and volume keys simultaneously and then releasing one of them, however, all this information probably only worked on the lollipop firmware. When I press all 3 keys for 10secs, all I get is the IMEI display and a type of EAN / article number code.
When the phone rings and I press up/down buttons at the same time (some people state that this would answer a call) -- in my case in only MUTES the call but phone keeps ringing.

Does any one have a solution if there's some possibility to make one of the hardware keys answer a call? Also I looked inside the hidden menu *#546368#*818# but found nothing that would point into this direction.
I'd be pleased for any help.
Greetings from Vienna in Austria,
Roland Schweiger

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci