that little vibration at power-on

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This is a tiny trivial thing but I'm up and running with a warranty replacement G4 and I have everything set up just the way it was except that the phone no longer makes that comforting little vibration when I hold the power button to turn it on. I don't know why that would be any different with a new/refurb phone than with the one I had. Does anyone know anything about that and whether it's configured somewhere? I've kind of gotten used to it over the past 11 1/2 months... Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This sort of thing is usually in the ROM itself. I don't think this can be changed.
It could mean one of two things:
1. LG removed it from the OS
2. The vibrating module is faulty.

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed that it's gotten weaker (and the phone is only about 2-3 months old now, and my 4th G4).

Sometimes notification vibrations are strong, other times they're not or I don't recognise them even happening. It's strange, but I'm just going to stick this phone out until I can get rid of it, since VZW or LG won't buy it out after all of the issues.

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
This sort of thing is usually in the ROM itself. I don't think this can be changed.
It could mean one of two things:
1. LG removed it from the OS
2. The vibrating module is faulty.

As above..... but one thing you could try is a "System Recovery" through LG Bridge > Update" page > bottom right hand corner.. Error Recovery, That will fully wipe Dalvik and system and replace the Rom with the latest version of your region (back up your data first though)

If this is still no working.. but your getting strong and weak vibrates for different apps... then ide email them,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21