How do you carry your G4?

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I like to pocket carry my phones. I tend to put my phone in my front pocket or if I'm wearing cargo pants, I'll put the phone in a cargo pocket. I am moving from a Moto X 2014 to the G4 and I find the G4 to be a bit larger. :)

At work, I do a lot of bending and squatting and the phone in my pocket sometimes interferes with comfortable movement. I'm just curious, how do you carry your G4 if it doesn't fit comfortably in your pocket?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
In order of preference:
jacket breast pocket
cargo pocket (perfect fit for my LG G4)
front pants pocket

The body heat from your legs will reduce the battery charge, so pants pockets are not the best.
I have a desk job, so when at the desk the phone is not in my pocket; never in my pocket at home.

I do miss the belt clip my old flip phone's holster had.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Pants pocket here. I haven't noticed any loss of battery life from it, but it will pick up my skin through the pocket liner. It'll often feel my w walking motions as a double tap and wake up the screen. If it's not locked, it'll then start doing all sorts of things. If it's locked, it'll either try typing out the password, or sometimes activate the emergency dialer. So kind of a double edged sword, because it doesn't seem to have any "in pocket detection" to prevent this.

I've tried a belt clip, but this phone is just too big for it to be comfortable on my belt.

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Front pocket if I'm moving about. Have never had it turn on in my pocket or anything though.

It does tend to get warm at times (especially here in Phoenix), so when it does I'll take it out and let it air cool a bit.

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Mooncatt: I've had the same problem with other phones too. I've resorted to putting the phone in my pocket with the face on the outside versus inside. I would rather face it inside to give it some added protections. :)

goku_vegeta

Q&A Team
Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Normally just my front pants pocket. Sometimes if I'm wearing a shirt I'll just put it in the breast pocket.

Posted via the Android Central App

MobileNick

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Front pocket for me. I don't like putting it in cargo pocket because the weight makes the looser part of the shorts/pants move around too much

Great idea! That watch pocket on your jeans serves no useful purpose for the last 50 years.

Haha I always thought it was a coin pocket. At least, that's what I put in there. :D

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Front pocket for me. I don't like putting it in cargo pocket because the weight makes the looser part of the shorts/pants move around too much

I have a pair of cargo pants (long pants) for work (not permitted to wear shorts) which place the cargo pocket near my knee and anything in that pocket gets knocked around a lot!

I always thought it was a coin pocket. At least, that's what I put in there. :D

That's the other use for that pocket. :)

Also, pocket knives, small tools, flashlights, etc. :)

I wonder if this is big enough for the G4?

(link to cell phone pouch on Amazon)

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B015DC0...lid=2UUASLR79NITB&coliid=I1L559IIDRLJHV&psc=1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX