How can I stop my screen overlapping?

A

AC Question

So I own a lg G4 and I have now got a problem. So when I swipe down to see the notification bar there are other icon on the bar which I had deactivated. Like the for example I went out of my house and changed from wifi to mobile data. When I was out I swiped down to see the time, I saw that there was overlapped mobile data and wifi icon. That's the first problem. Secondly if when I turn off my phone I can see the home screen dully behind the battery logo which in in the middle of the screen( when phone is off ). Hope this is accurate enough you people to understand. Please tell me what I can do I am so stressed out because the constant screen being on drains my battery fast ( currently it takes 47% of my battery)

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Screen overlapping

Welcome to the forums. I'm not sure if I completely understand your problem. It could be very helpful if you create an account and post a screenshot. Just in case you could try changing the wallpaper and see if that overlapping persists.

About the battery usage. It's normal that the screen appears first on your battery stats.

Nauman Ijaz

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site

As given your advice i have made an account. Changing the wallpaper does not do anything at all. Screen come at the top of battery usage but like from 3 or more days its been like 10 to 20 percent more then it was before.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

As given your advice i have made an account. Changing the wallpaper does not do anything at all. Screen come at the top of battery usage but like from 3 or more days its been like 10 to 20 percent more then it was before.
Hello Nauman, thanks for registering! This guide will show how to post a screenshot in the forums. Include one for the overlapping icons and a couple for your battery stats.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=413366
[GUIDE] How To Post Screenshots on Android Central

Nauman Ijaz

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site

Screenshot_2016-07-24-20-19-49[1].jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-24-20-19-49[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2016-07-24-20-19-49[1].jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_2016-07-24-20-17-35[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2016-07-24-20-17-35[1].jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 14

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Just a couple of questions to be sure I completely understand your problem. Do you mean that you can see some blurred icons but they don't show up in your screenshots? This is usually a sign of a burn in, but it happens with AMOLED displays and LG G4's is LCD. Very strange.

Maybe some third party app is drawing over other apps, but, in theory, it should appear on the screenshots. Very strange again. You could try booting into safe mode and see if the overlapping is still there.

About your battery stats. Screen will usually be on top of that list, specially when brightness is all the way up.

Nauman Ijaz

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site

Just a couple of questions to be sure I completely understand your problem. Do you mean that you can see some blurred icons but they don't show up in your screenshots? This is usually a sign of a burn in, but it happens with AMOLED displays and LG G4's is LCD. Very strange.

Maybe some third party app is drawing over other apps, but, in theory, it should appear on the screenshots. Very strange again. You could try booting into safe mode and see if the overlapping is still there.

About your battery stats. Screen will usually be on top of that list, specially when brightness is all the way up.

Yes i can see blurred icon but they dont show up on screenshots. My brightness is at 50 percent all the time. The third party theory cannot be true as i have hard reset the phone but it still shows the blurred icons. Nothing changes in safe mode.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Yes i can see blurred icon but they dont show up on screenshots. My brightness is at 50 percent all the time. The third party theory cannot be true as i have hard reset the phone but it still shows the blurred icons. Nothing changes in safe mode.
Not sure what else to suggest, specially since you already performed a factory reset. The moderators moved this thread to the LG G4 forum where it'll be easier getting feedback from other owners. I'll let you know if I find more information about this problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos