Marshmallow 6.0: App Notification Badges / Unread Count ?

Jnbr19867

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
So attached is a phone screen shot i'm going to be referring to.

Capture+_2016-08-03-07-31-07.jpg

Does Marshmallow allow the option to show notification badges/unread counter on apps like it shows on the facebook app in the screen shot attached? If it does for all apps, does anyone know how turn on the feature for all apps, because as long as i have owned the phone i've only seen it happen on the facebook app and phone app; i haven't seen it happen on the gmail app, stock messaging app, voicemail app, or any other app.

Or is this just a special setting/feature that 6.0 allows for certain apps only, or is it an LG feature on the phone?

Last edited:

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
It is allowed for all apps, but it is up to the app to do it.
The app needs to support the counters, and the app needs to get the count either by push or pull of the data.

shadavis08

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The only way I know of getting them into multiple apps is by using Nova Launchers tesla unread extention, of which I use.

shaggy4241

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
This drove me nuts too after I upgraded my phone to a Motorola Droid Turbo 2. I'm not sure if this works for the LG, but it does on the Turbo 2.

1. Tap and hold on the home screen until the screen management console comes up.
2. Tap settings.
3. Turn on "Keep Count."

Now you should see the number of messages badge in Gmail and Messages. Hope it works for you.

badges1.jpg

badges2.jpg

badges3.jpg

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463