Keyboard not "coming up"

Beachbum911

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I got an LG G4 from my Verizon store last October.

There have been many times, when texting, that the keyboard would not "come up".
I would have to turn the phone off, and then on to get the keyboard to work.

MANY MANY calls to tech support. Hours on the phone.
Reset. Did this. Did that.

I am now on warranty replacement phone #3, and having the same problem.
I have been told by tech support that this is indeed a problem.

Since I am on #3 phone, with the same problem, and have been a Verizon customer exclusively since they started the company, I have been trying to get into another LG model, or another brand of phone.

The latest hour at the Verizon store was last Wednesday, with the Indirect Account Manager saying to give him 24-48 hours to see if he can figure out a way to get me a new phone, and NOT an LG G4.

He was going to try to see if he could do something for me other than the following:
I could buy my way out of this phone for $350.00 (no acceptable) or trade-it in with a trade value of $63.00 (not acceptable).

I called my salesman at the Verizon store this past Saturday morning. Said I had not gotten a call with the status of what's going on. The salesman (who worked with me that Wednesday) said he would call the Indirect Account Manager and advise me.

No call back, so I called my salesmen Monday afternoon. He said he had emailed the Manager and hadn't heard back. I said "you told me you were going to call him. Can you call him and let me know if he's done anything and what's going on"? Yes.

It's now Tuesday night. No call back. No status.

My next call to the Verizon store will be to the Team Leader, who I spoke with 3 weeks ago. He understands my problem. He turned me over to his salesman.

I will explain to the Team Leader that I have no call backs or status in one week.
And that if I don't hear back by 5:00 PM on Wednesday as to what if anything is going on to get me out of this phone, then I file a formal complaint with Verizon Wireless Correspondence Team in Wallingford, CT and give them 5 days to respond, and tell them that if I have no response in those 5 days, I will file a complaint with the FCC and the Florida Sate Attorney General's office.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a general Verizon ROM problem to me (in which case all G4's from that company would have it). Have you tried installing a 3rd party keyboard? Maybe the 'error' is in the stock one.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If it's the same issue on the 3 phone's it's either a ROM problem (something that all phones would suffer from), an app you download on all your phones (booting up in Safe Mode and checking if the issue persists would help, since that mode prevents all 3rd party apps from booting up unless you manually open them), or a keyboard issue (trying a 3rd party keyboard app should help if this was the case).

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I've been using SwiftKey since I hot my God. Never even tried the stock keyboard on my G4. Using SwiftKey Beta, now. Give it, or another 3rd party keyboard a try, and see if the problem persists.

Posted via the Android Central App

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I've been using SwiftKey since I hot my God. Never even tried the stock keyboard on my G4. Using SwiftKey Beta, now. Give it, or another 3rd party keyboard a try, and see if the problem persists.

Posted via the Android Central App
Did your God need hotting? Swiftkey is definitely the right tool for the job ;)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've mixed feelings with SwiftKey as of late. Since the Note 5 I've noticed that typing is REALLY inaccurate. Yes, it does a great job of correcting words and predicting the next ones, but only because the inaccurate typing makes me mess up words. I thought it was only me until a friend picked up my phone and after ten words he said: Dude, there's something seriously wrong with your keyboard! I switched it to the Google one (which I'd love if it at least had automatic language detection since I type in at least two langauges :( ) and he said it was way better (and I agree, the letters I type are the ones getting input; SwiftKey seems to be over-correcting where I press, and I can't find a way to reset that (I remember in very early versions that you could reset your 'heat map' since SK does use that to correct typing).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm