g4 gets hot doing minimal stuff.

Scumperjumper

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
So I use chrome occasionally and other apps, but the phone gets hot by using minimal apps. It can get up to 114 F. Just on normal Snapchat, messenger, chrome.

Posted via the Android Central App

shadavis08

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine gets so hot it reboots several times in row until I pull the battery. Reported it to lg and now sending it in to be repaired.

jaydee5799

Q&A Team
Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried using Greenify on your G4? i set it up and have it shut down about a dozen to 15 apps at a time and my phone runs cooler.

scottfish

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I used my G4 to fly my DJI Phantom Quad Copter last weekend and it shut down on me several times. I did have the screen cranked and it was 80 plus degrees out. Still, to have that die out and have the drone disappear is not ideal.

Since the drone does not need cellular, I just started running that app on my old Moto X. No problem there.

JGLdn

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried using Greenify on your G4? i set it up and have it shut down about a dozen to 15 apps at a time and my phone runs cooler.
Don't waste your time with Greenify. The pure nature of android means that whatever apps it shuts down will restart within 2-3mins. Android system keeps certain apps running for a reason. All these apps that promise increased battery life etc etc are garbage.

shadavis08

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I just sent my LG G4 in for repair and they're saying that it's a flash memory issue that was fixed that was causing my G4 to get hot doing minimal stuff