Turned off Gmail notifications, still getting blue LED blinking notification

Cuerte

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded myMail so that I could have all of my email accounts in the same app, so obviously I only wanted notifications for myMail to show up when I received a new message, not the Gmail app notifications. However, even though I turned off notifications for my Gmail account in the app, my phone LED still blinks blue when that account receives a new email and blinks until i reboot, even after I mark the new message as read. Even when I go into the Applications Manager in the Settings app and block notifications, the LED still continues to blink. I know it is this app causing the blinking light because it only turns back on once I receive a new email on my Gmail account. Any ideas on how to stop this? I also can't root to turn it off because I am on Verizon VS986 running Android 6.0, which there is no root for as far as I know.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible that your Gmail app (instead of myMail) is responsible for the LED notification?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm a little confused. Are you saying you turned off the Gmail app's notifications, or the Gmail account's notifications (within the myMail app)?