No service

HernanC88

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
So I'm on my second g4 after a bootloop incident.
After a couple of days of having this one its starting to loose service signal. It will show no bars with an X next to it. I already tried the sim on a different phone and it worked fine, also tried used the g4 on safe mode which in the beggining seemed to have solve the issue but after half hour it just went back to no service ( before that it was no service after 5 minutes or so of being on)
I have no problems while using Wi-Fi.
Called T-mobile but they have the g4 on back order and have to wait 7 bussines days.
Something I can do before they get a new one?.
Ugh to be honest I'm tired of this phone I love it but it's so unreliable damn LG 😳

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if there's an issue with the SIM slot. Try cleaning it out as best you can, perhaps with a can of compressed air.

Garen M

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Do you have Open Signal app installed? I got similar symptoms with my G4 on T-Mobile, problem went away when I uninstalled the App.

HernanC88

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. They checked the imei at tmobile and its ok.
And no I dont have that app installed.
I tried with a can of compressed air and didn't do nothing.
I'm waiting on Tmobile to give me a different G4 probably on Friday since it's in back order.

I have been using it on wifi and put it in airplane mode and back to normal, but that only gives me 10-30 minutes of signal.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you tried the SIM on a different phone, did you try it for more than 10-30 minutes? If not, try to duplicate the circumstances on your G4 as closely as you can. If it also fails after 10-30 minutes, maybe you just need a new SIM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia