Contacts messed up

jimmyschow

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
I recently bought this new G4 from T mobile. Stayed with LG because i found out that the notes from my old LG were a proprietary version that only runs on LG. So the notes transferred over OK, but my contact list got hosed up to the max. To begin with i lost over have of my contacts when letting the T-M tech help me. OK that one is on me fro not backing up first off on my own. Now when i look at any contact, i see at least 1 G and a few phone icon boxes in the accounts area. I have 2 gmail accounts on this phone, so am guessing the G's are how the contact is stored under that account, but why do i have all the other phone icon boxes? Also how do I separate out the contacts so they are on just one gmail account? I have asked for help at 3 different T-M stores and find their tech people are really just somewhat savvy, not really much more then glorified sales people. Thanks for any help on this ongoing problems

Scumperjumper

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Ok this is fun. Jk. Basically open both gmail accounts on your computer, and go to contacts and export them to your desktop and delete them off of the account you don't want. Then import them in to the account you want. Then restart your phone. This is probably the easiest way. If you don't knowhow to import and export do a Google search as "import and export contacts in to gmail account". Them go in to contact options and select what to display. I did this when I got my g4 and before I had a Nokia lumia 520. This is probably the easiest way.