File Manager App Freezing

jcgc

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Just picked up a new LG G4 a couple of weeks ago. Used File Manager a couple of times and the search function within the app with no problem. Now when trying to use the search it lets me type the first letter of the search and then freezes. The only thing that fixes the freeze is a forced stop of the app. Tried the search repeatedly and the problem persists.

Running version 5.1. Phone is not rooted.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Is this happening with the stock file manager or with a third party app that you downloaded? I remember reading about something similar and the problem was an app that was disabled (NFC if I remember correctly). Have you disabled any app that came preinstalled?

jcgc

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Is this happening with the stock file manager or with a third party app that you downloaded? I remember reading about something similar and the problem was an app that was disabled (NFC if I remember correctly). Have you disabled any app that came preinstalled?

It's the stock app. I don't have NFC turned on but I haven't disabled it.

altobobcat

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Has this always been an issue or developed over time? Done any software updates etc?

As with most app issues, try clearing cache and data first to see if it fixes it.

jcgc

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Has this always been an issue or developed over time? Done any software updates etc?

As with most app issues, try clearing cache and data first to see if it fixes it.

The phone was first activated less than 10 days ago. In that time I have probably used the app successfully a couple of times and then the problem started. No software updates.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I highly recommend Solid Explorer. For your problem, maybe there's an issue with your SD card? Maybe try out the app with the card ejected?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital