lg g4 lagging

JGLdn

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Your phone is on its way out. If this was any other handset I wouldn't say that, but because it's a G4 I'd day you better start looking for a replacement.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Could be a failing SD card. Try taking the card out and see if it makes a difference.

Also, delete any unneeded text messages. If you have hundreds of saved messages, your phone will slow down.

David

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site
My G4 didn't get along well with Greenify. Took a long time to wake screen with double tap, some apps loaded slow, etc.

JGLdn

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Wot mate? It's not burned it just lags at times....I don't wanna get a new phone
What I meant was do you sometimes see notification icon shadows at the top of the screen when you're in a screen that shouldn't show them? In other words images are being 'burnt' onto your screen. My previous two G4s had that issue before they stopped working.

Scumperjumper

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
No that's not happening. I don't have screen burn yet... My phone is just lagging alot. Like the Google keyboard lags when I use the keyboard for snapchat

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
No that's not happening. I don't have screen burn yet... My phone is just lagging alot. Like the Google keyboard lags when I use the keyboard for snapchat
You are having battery problems (another thread) and lag problems - both seem to involve Greenify based on the information provided. I would suggest uninstalling it then performing a factory reset. Be sure to backup your data before hand. See if that helps. Keep us updated.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
OP, does the lagging and freezing persist after a restart? My G3 lags and freezes frequently and a restart or battery pull fixes the issues.

But, yes, please keep us posted in what's happening.

Scumperjumper

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Well I haven't got any freezing issues yet. Maybe once a while I would have the screen freeze and I would just put the phone to sleep and then I would wake it and it would be gone... But I'm still getting quite some lag

Scumperjumper

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Well I haven't got any freezing issues yet. Maybe once a while I would have the screen freeze and I would just put the phone to sleep and then I would wake it and it would be gone... But I'm still getting quite some lag

I will try to reset it later... I still have a question..if I reset it will app data go away even if I back it up before. Like for instance I have hill climb racing in which I have gotten pretty far and I don't want to lose my data

RandyOhio

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Try clearing the device cache. My G4 was lagging badly. I cleared the cache and it is working normally again. An easy fix without having to do a factory reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie