Phone was lagging badly

RandyOhio

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I have a 505 "refurb" G4 (3rd one!). Recently it had been lagging terribly. It had become painfully to use because of all the freezing. I should add that I do have a lot of apps on this phone. I didn't want to go through another factory reset, so I cleared the app cache. Amazingly I haven't seen one stutter since. Everything works perfectly again. Just thought I would share this.

PRGDR

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I have a 505 "refurb" G4 (3rd one!). Recently it had been lagging terribly. It had become painfully to use because of all the freezing. I should add that I do have a lot of apps on this phone. I didn't want to go through another factory reset, so I cleared the app cache. Amazingly I haven't seen one stutter since. Everything works perfectly again. Just thought I would share this.

I have no experience with the G4 itself, but in most (maybe all) android machines I have used, appart from clearing cache, it usually also helps clearing the Dalvik (or Art) cache once in a while. That appart from rebooting the machine regularly.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Was there anything that you needed to reconfigure after clearing the cache? How do you clear the cache?

RandyOhio

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I cleared them all and it still seems OK a few days later. It's been a big improvent to me. And no, I haven't noticed problems with it after clearing the cache.

Last edited:

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine lags like crazy if running Pokemon GO, Snapchat or when connected to Android Auto. It also runs hot. Thinking of upgrading to the V20 when it is released. Well, I'll wait a month or so to let the Early Adopter Bootloop Editions all get scoop up first. lol

RandyOhio

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried clearing the cache? I just got a car with android auto. I have only tried it a few times and haven't been too impressed. I know that you can't run a G4 too long because it will always be in a discharge state. Anytime you run Google Maps it will run hot. The best I did was a holder that clipped onto the A/C vent, and ran the A/C. That kept the whole phone cold

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463