High battery drain problem

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
as of about a week ago, my battery life turned horrendous. didn't install or add anything. use multiple batteries. Cant make sense of this. any helpful tips to try and see what causes this?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
as of about a week ago, my battery life turned horrendous. didn't install or add anything. use multiple batteries. Cant make sense of this. any helpful tips to try and see what causes this?
Try clearing the device cache to see if that helps: https://support.sprint.com/support/...GKB86646-dvc8970002prd?INTNAV=LeftNav:Lang:EN

If it doesn't, then possibly an app is causing the battery drain. If you can attach a screen shot of the battery stats screen that would help us troubleshoot the problem. If it continues, then a factory reset may be needed.

mikeytg1024

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
When the battery is near depleted, go to "settings - Battery & power saving - battery usage", go to the bottom of the screen and see if you have an app that is eating power (ie at/near the top of the list). When I have had this problem in the past the culprit has usually been obvious here (not just for G4, but all phones).

bjbolduc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
One other thing that was killing my battery was the Google Play Services app. Try downloading GServiceFix if that is your issue consuming battery life. Worked for me.

Chinly Lee

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
You can do some changes such as uninstall irrelevant apps, if the android device sports AMOLED screen, then black background is preferable, turn off 3G/4G, Wi-fi or Bluetooth signal when not in use. Or use battery saver like Purify, it is good and easy to manage your battery life.

InsipidMonkey

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem on my Verizon LG G4.

No changes in apps/usage for the past two months, and all of a sudden a few days ago I have been experiencing high battery drain.

It seems to be correlated to having WiFi on, but is independent of the access point (happens at home, work, friends house). Shutting off WiFi in good service areas seems to fix the problem, but my 4G service seems to have gotten worse lately the phone often switches to 3G or 1x indoors. I am running the latest Verizon software (27C).

I have tried rebooting the phone several times with no effect. Top apps on the battery usage screen are always Kernel/Android OS (~25%), Android System (~20%), and Google Services (~5-10%). Everything else is <2%. I have cleared app cache for the top 10 apps.

Any ideas?

androidvirg

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
With my screen at 60% brightness, it drains 67% of my battery charge. I can't make it 6 hrs without recharging. Any dimmer, I can't see the screen unless Im in low light/night. My apps dont use a significant % of charge. Suggestions? Makes no difference which of my 3 batteries I use. Thanks

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
With my screen at 60% brightness, it drains 67% of my battery charge. I can't make it 6 hrs without recharging. Any dimmer, I can't see the screen unless Im in low light/night. My apps dont use a significant % of charge. Suggestions? Makes no difference which of my 3 batteries I use. Thanks
Anything in your usage that is heavy on screen power? (movies vs text)

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I noticed the same thing....I was down to 10% when I got home form work, when my previous battery life would have been 50% +. I was having an unrelated issue, and to fix that, I cleared my cache and reset all preferences. Yesterday I had almost 70% left at 7:00 p.m. :).

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
That big beautiful screen does suck down the battery....
Movies and animated ads will use the power, many games too.
Indoors I tend to run the brightness at abut 35%.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
That big beautiful screen does suck down the battery....
Movies and animated ads will use the power, many games too.
Indoors I tend to run the brightness at abut 35%.

I don't think the OP changed his behavior, the battery life suddenly changed as if an Update modified his phone.

bluerobin

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My family is having the same issues with battery. The last couple weeks, all are complaining about battery draining very fast. I wish we could figure out what is happening, we all have different habits with our phones but all have the same problem. Mine is the android os that will not go below 29%. Nothing has changed in the last few months, I am even on a newer battery than my family. We are on sprint and I don't think any updates have come out lately.

cyclode

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
before 25 to 30% consumption for 1 hr usage using mobile data 4g+ @ 40% brightness. i updated the phone to v20 sea version last month and the problem still persist or even worse. 40%/hr battery consumption at same regualar usage before.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar