Verizon updating to VS98627C

creid8

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm about to take a trip, it would be a bad time for an update to screw up my phone :mad:

I haven't personally had a bricked device, but I've heard horror stories...

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Not much talk lately on this subject which makes me think many are leaving the G4 for greener pastures...

Seems like my G4 battery life has greatly improved since this update. Got the update over the weekend and haven't done a FDR but Sunday and Monday battery life has been stellar based on my daily average use. Over time, I usually have to plug in by late afternoon or early evening but the last two days I have finished the day with more than 40% battery left... which is good for me. Average SOT for me varies between 2-3 hours but I do a lot of music streaming.

David

work4crown

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
The LG G4 has been a good phone but I have replaced mine 5 times. Within a month of replacement the wireless charging dies. This has definitely soured my LG G4 experience as I bought 3 wireless charging pucks and now can't use them. LG is content to silently roll out replacements with no explanations or fixes for the problem. Then they release the G5 which doesn't have wireless charging at all....hmmmm....did they feel that wireless charging was too hard? G4 was a good phone except for that. Latest update doesn't bring anything to the table I was asking for, doesn't fix the charging issue or address it and it is huge. Pretty much seems like a waste of time to download and install it. I hope I'm not trading wifi or battery life for these new 'features'.

Jacob Clark

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I got the update yesterday, and things have been good so far. The only change I've really noticed has been that my LTE appears to not be on when I'm on Wifi, which was a bug I had before. Battery life seems to be similar to what it was before, with somewhere between 2.5-3 hours of SOT.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I updated last night and thankfully nothing seems to have really changed other than taking about half a cycle off my battery to do it. XD

bmlong137

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
The update appeared to fix the Android Auto Google Maps freeze problem. It used to freeze after about 2 minutes and now I have done multiple 15 minute drives without an issue. It also has a slightly better display with less pixelization on the car dash screen.