requesting software upgrade assistance

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Hello All,

I have a verizon LG G4 that was purchased in late 2015 and I am no longer a Verizon customer. Since I now use ATT, I decided to shred the old Verizon sim card and switched to unlocked s7.
Since the phone no longer contains a sim card, when I try to use the verizon software upgrade assistant on PC, while the utility shows that there is a software update for a moment, it immediately switches and says that phone is upto date. The phone number shows up as 000-000-0000 (most likely because there is no sim card in it)

Would you please let me know if there is a way around to get the software update? Perhaps, a way to download the update locally to my PC and then push it to the phone?

Thanks!

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Hello All,

I have a verizon LG G4 that was purchased in late 2015 and I am no longer a Verizon customer. Since I now use ATT, I decided to shred the old Verizon sim card and switched to unlocked s7.
Since the phone no longer contains a sim card, when I try to use the verizon software upgrade assistant on PC, while the utility shows that there is a software update for a moment, it immediately switches and says that phone is upto date. The phone number shows up as 000-000-0000 (most likely because there is no sim card in it)

Would you please let me know if there is a way around to get the software update? Perhaps, a way to download the update locally to my PC and then push it to the phone?

Thanks!

found my answer.. this thread can be closed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital