Bootloop?

Broth3rz

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
Plugged my phone in to charge it, turned it off to charge, it finished, I unplugged it and left it off for 2 hours. Turned it on, 30 seconds later, booted and continues to do nothing but. Removed battery, gave it time, tried again, bootloop for 10 minutes, now I have no phone. I'm not in warranty. It's the H815 version. Is there anyway to fix this or at least get my contacts information off it?

Thanks.

MobileNick

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Not really. Search this forum for bootloop. There are many threads on it - known problem but unfortunately not much that you can do. Since LG is aware of it, you can contact them to see if they'll do anything despite being out of warranty.

benosimo06

Jan 19, 2017
Visit site
Went through this with both mine and my wife's phone. Not much can be done as far as restoring your data. LG will support the phone outside of warranty though and replace the motherboard (fairly quickly, at least in my country). The issue seems to be with 2 of the cpu cores overheating from what I found on the issue.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
As others have said in this thread, please contact LG to see if they can do anything for you. I'm so sorry this happened to you! Keep us posted!

Jmmorales

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Had a similar issue with the G3 and stuck a small piece of paper between battery and phone to press battery to the leads on the phone and the G3 booted all the way try it out and let us know

grayzuk

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
Hey Broth3rz - just got the same issue on mine (happened a few hours ago... I swear there's something up as more people seem to be reporting it)...

Anyway, how did you manage to recover your data?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon